Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our Routine

Anyone with young children know that getting ready to go anywhere or do anything can take forever and require a lot of preparation. So when it comes to working out it is no exception. When I was deciding how I was going to start running again, I had to take a few things into consideration. Was I going to go to a gym? Was I going to get up at the crack of dawn or late at night when my husband was home and run by myself? Or was there a better way to put my mommy time, love for running and hatred for a hectic schedule into one easy, breezy plan. My solution? You guessed it! The double jogger! (You are so smart, you know that?)

For me, this was the perfect way for me to spend time with my girls and have the flexibility to run any time of the day. Also since I didn't have to go to the gym, there was no getting the girls ready, hauling them there, putting them in the child care area and hurrying to finish my routine so that I could get them home in time for naps or meals. Nope! Our schedule is way better than that...

Team Twinmama's morning Routine:
1. Peanut wakes Twinmama with constant crib bouncing noises in the monitor.
2. Twinmama gets Peanut up and awakens Jelly Bean.
3. Both girls are changed into their day clothes & new diapers.
4. Twinmama feeds girls breakfast.
5. While eating they are eating, Twinmama puts on running shoes, socks & sports bra while observing the girls eating. (I wear clothes to bed that can run in the next day. Not my sports bra though...a little binding. Just keep the other stuff in the kitchen.)
6. After breakfast, I wipe hands & faces and put them in the jogger centrally located near the closest outside door.
7. We are off to do our workout!

We can usually make it out the door by 8am, so many mornings we have cooler air. If we wait until later in the day, it gets really hot and humid. It is great getting my run complete in the morning. It sets up the rest of the day for success and my mean coaches stay off my back yet another day.

No comments: