Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pathetic, Absolutely Pathetic

Okay, so do you want to hear the excuses or should I just simply state that this week has been quite a shame for anyone who is trying to be a runner? Usually when one calls oneself a runner there is one thing they must do...run.

This has been a good week for my family and a stressful one. We bought a house on Tuesday so that has been exciting and nerve-wracking all at the same time. I currently am a stay at home Mom, but once we move, I need to get a part time job supplementing our income. I still plan on staying home with the girls, but hope to do something at home or in the evenings or weekends. When I am stressed out I tend to hole myself up and veg out. I don't do things that are healthy. Instead I eat horrible food and worry over things. I am a worry wart. My husband goes crazy over my worrying. I go crazy over my worrying. So instead of getting out there and hitting the pavement, I ate brownies, let the girls watch Noggin all day and frantically searched for a part time job on the Internet. I am definitely stressed and I could use running.

Running always makes me feel good. When I run, I feel my body working really hard. My heart pounds faster, my lungs work harder, the beads of sweat on my face, the exhilarating feeling that comes over me when I accomplish my goals. All of it makes me love it. So why don't I do it when I am feeling bad? Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: